- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 12 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Plague-Infected Squirrel Found In CA
Three campgrounds have been closed in California after a squirrel there tested positive with the plague.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports from Los Angeles, California:
Vector Management officials here say a squirrel has tested positive for bubonic plague in the Angeles National Forest. So now three popular campgrounds have been shut down.
Actually, this isn’t the first time squirrels in these mountains have been found to have the disease known as the black death. Health officials say the campgrounds will remain closed as they work to control the flea population which is how the bacterial infection can be transmitted to people.
Bubonic plague is the disease that killed millions in Asia and Europe in the 1300’s. But health officials here say four people have gotten the disease in LA since the mid-80’s and no one’s died.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.