- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 6 hours ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Plague-Infected Squirrel Found In CA
Three campgrounds have been closed in California after a squirrel there tested positive with the plague.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports from Los Angeles, California:
Vector Management officials here say a squirrel has tested positive for bubonic plague in the Angeles National Forest. So now three popular campgrounds have been shut down.
Actually, this isn’t the first time squirrels in these mountains have been found to have the disease known as the black death. Health officials say the campgrounds will remain closed as they work to control the flea population which is how the bacterial infection can be transmitted to people.
Bubonic plague is the disease that killed millions in Asia and Europe in the 1300’s. But health officials here say four people have gotten the disease in LA since the mid-80’s and no one’s died.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.