- AFMW: Tyler and Earl CampbellPosted 42 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 hour ago
- Which Country Singer Reportedly Lands Acting Gig In New Adam Sandler Movie?Posted 2 hours ago
- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 1 day ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 1 day ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
Plague-Infected Squirrel Found In CA
Three campgrounds have been closed in California after a squirrel there tested positive with the plague.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports from Los Angeles, California:
Vector Management officials here say a squirrel has tested positive for bubonic plague in the Angeles National Forest. So now three popular campgrounds have been shut down.
Actually, this isn’t the first time squirrels in these mountains have been found to have the disease known as the black death. Health officials say the campgrounds will remain closed as they work to control the flea population which is how the bacterial infection can be transmitted to people.
Bubonic plague is the disease that killed millions in Asia and Europe in the 1300’s. But health officials here say four people have gotten the disease in LA since the mid-80’s and no one’s died.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.