- President Obama Drops Proposal To Cut Tax Breaks For College Savings Plans [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Valentine’s Day Special: Adopt A Cockroach For Your ExPosted 16 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 19 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Incredible Video Of 11-Year-Old Girl Who Escaped Arranged Marriage
“I’m better off dead; I’d rather die,” said Nada al-Ahdal, showing remarkable courage.
Upon learning that her mother was planning to marry her off, Nada al-Ahdal fled her small hometown in Yemen for the capital city of Sanaa. She sought refuge with her uncle, Abdel Salam al-Ahdal, a graphics technician at a local television station who had helped raise her. Nada was terrified of arranged marriage — her maternal aunt was married off at 14 and endured an abusive marriage for a year before she committed suicide. After discussions with the Yemeni family protection authorities, she is now allowed to stay with her uncle, ultimately with her parents’ blessing.