- Bodies of Seven Women Found In IndianaPosted 11 hours ago
- New Ebola Guidelines for HospitalsPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: Artist, Author & Speaker Joni Eareckson TadaPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 17 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Barbecue Tips From A Pitmaster
Summertime is barbecue time! Do it right with tips from an award-winning pitmaster on ribs.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
Pitmaster Myron Mixon has a winning formula when it comes to cooking ribs. What he calls his ‘Three-Two-One Method’. First put rub on the ribs…
(Mixon) “Put them on the smoker somewhere about 225 degrees to 250… cook them for three hours right in the smoke.”
Wrap them for two hours. That comes to Two. Put a bit of liquid…
(Mixon) “Maybe apple juice to get it steaming and tenderizing. Then you unwrap them, put your sauce on. Put them back on the grill. One… That’s you’re ‘Three-Two-One’. That gives the sauce time to caramelize in.”
Let rest for ten minutes before cutting and serving.
Mixon nicknamed “The Winningest Man in Barbecue”. Theorizing that ribs are so popular because like most ideal comfort foods, they have handles which make them easy to hold and eat.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.