- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Detroit Files For Bankruptcy [VIDEO]
Detroit has officially filed for bankruptcy. It’s been a long and winding road for the Motor City.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper explains:
Many things have contributed to Detroit’s downfall. Corruption, pension fund mismanagement, seemingly endless borrowing, and the population of 1.8 million in 1950 is now around 700,000.
Earlier this year, Governor Rick Snyder called in a bankruptcy attorney to take over the city’s finances. Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr made it clear from the start that Detroit’s situation was not sustainable.
(Orr) “It’s been non-sustainable for years though and everybody agrees with that. 2005 it was “mission critical” and widely recognized as so.”
Orr’s plan to give debt and credit holders pennies on the dollar, sell off some artwork from the Detroit Institute of the Arts, and put money back into police and fire hasn’t worked.
So, Detroit is now the largest American city to enter bankruptcy.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: