- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 16 hours ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Detroit Files For Bankruptcy [VIDEO]
Detroit has officially filed for bankruptcy. It’s been a long and winding road for the Motor City.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper explains:
Many things have contributed to Detroit’s downfall. Corruption, pension fund mismanagement, seemingly endless borrowing, and the population of 1.8 million in 1950 is now around 700,000.
Earlier this year, Governor Rick Snyder called in a bankruptcy attorney to take over the city’s finances. Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr made it clear from the start that Detroit’s situation was not sustainable.
(Orr) “It’s been non-sustainable for years though and everybody agrees with that. 2005 it was “mission critical” and widely recognized as so.”
Orr’s plan to give debt and credit holders pennies on the dollar, sell off some artwork from the Detroit Institute of the Arts, and put money back into police and fire hasn’t worked.
So, Detroit is now the largest American city to enter bankruptcy.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: