- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ResigningPosted 7 hours ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 10 hours ago
- The 2014 American Music Awards RecapPosted 11 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
96-Year-Old Store Owner Stops Attempted Robbery
A would-be robber targets a Marshfield, Wisconsin granny and gets more than he bargained for.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper has the story:
A masked man walks into a mom-and-pop grocery store in Marshfield, Wisconsin, the wall behind the register loaded with candy jars. He tells the 96-year-old owner to walk to the back of the place. She just snickers….
(Margaretta Wolf) “I said, ‘I’m not walking no place. I’m standing right here’.”
With that request a dud… He goes for the payday and demands bread… not the stuff on the shelves…
(Margaretta Wolf) “I said, ‘You can have all the Tootsie Rolls you want, but I’m not opening that cash register’.”
So he puts a knife on the counter, but Wolf stands her ground, doesn’t sugar-coat it, saying with one press of a security system button she’d have cops there right away.
The would-be robber takes off. Wolf says if she sees the guy again she’ll tell him he’s in for a whopper of a punishment.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.