- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 21 hours ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
“Sharknado” Is Awesome, Causes Twitter Frenzy [VIDEO]
The Syfy channel’s epic TV movie “Sharknado” made a big splash on social media.
FOX News Radio Entertainment Correspondent, Sabrina Sabbagh has the story:
(movie clip) The film about sharks raining down on Los Angeles topped the social trending charts. “Sharknado” was Thursday night’s most-tweeted TV program in primetime.
(movie clip) The sci-fi film generated more than 386,000 social interactions to take the Number one spot among TV programs. At its peak, hashtag-friendly “Sharknado” captured 5,000 tweets per minute.
Sabrina Sabbagh, FOX News Radio
Watch the official trailer for “Sharknado” below:
Here’s some tweets from celebrities talking about the film:
— Ian Ziering (@IanZiering) July 11, 2013
— Jim Cantore (@JimCantore) July 12, 2013
Omg omg OMG #sharknado
— mia farrow (@MiaFarrow) July 12, 2013
No way is SHARKNADO as entertaining as the Tweets about it. Congrats, @SyfyTV. You've created a new way to watch movies.
— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) July 12, 2013
I'm not so sure about the science in this movie you guys. #SharkNado
— Wil Wheaton (@wilw) July 12, 2013
I actually can't wait for @sharknado it might be even better then snakes on a plane !!! Lol ;) I hope you will have as much fun as I had
— Tara Reid (@TaraReid) July 11, 2013