- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
“Sharknado” Is Awesome, Causes Twitter Frenzy [VIDEO]
The Syfy channel’s epic TV movie “Sharknado” made a big splash on social media.
FOX News Radio Entertainment Correspondent, Sabrina Sabbagh has the story:
(movie clip) The film about sharks raining down on Los Angeles topped the social trending charts. “Sharknado” was Thursday night’s most-tweeted TV program in primetime.
(movie clip) The sci-fi film generated more than 386,000 social interactions to take the Number one spot among TV programs. At its peak, hashtag-friendly “Sharknado” captured 5,000 tweets per minute.
Sabrina Sabbagh, FOX News Radio
Watch the official trailer for “Sharknado” below:
Here’s some tweets from celebrities talking about the film:
— Ian Ziering (@IanZiering) July 11, 2013
— Jim Cantore (@JimCantore) July 12, 2013
Omg omg OMG #sharknado
— mia farrow (@MiaFarrow) July 12, 2013
No way is SHARKNADO as entertaining as the Tweets about it. Congrats, @SyfyTV. You've created a new way to watch movies.
— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) July 12, 2013
I'm not so sure about the science in this movie you guys. #SharkNado
— Wil Wheaton (@wilw) July 12, 2013
I actually can't wait for @sharknado it might be even better then snakes on a plane !!! Lol ;) I hope you will have as much fun as I had
— Tara Reid (@TaraReid) July 11, 2013