- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 6 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 7 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 1 day ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
House Passes Controversial Farm Bill
Tempers flare in Congress, over a big change in a Farm bill. The controversial bill passed on a 216-208 vote.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
A quickly-crafted agriculture funding bill was met with fiery opposition from House Democrats.
(Brown) “Mitt Romney was right. You all do not care about the 47%. Shame on you!”
…Florida Democrat Corrine Brown.
Republicans stripped the bill of food stamp spending. It was an effort to bring in more Conservative support after a larger farm bill failed last month.
(Agriculture Committee Chairman Frank Lucas) “If you’re serious about making sure every American has a safe, affordable, reliable food supply, then vote for the bill.”
Republicans say they plan a separate vote on food stamp funding. Conservatives are eyeing deep cuts. The Senate passed a farm bill with modest reductions to food stamp funding.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.