- Ukraine Crisis Leads To Sanctions On Russia, Executive OrderPosted 13 hours ago
- The Balance of Power: Is The Tea Party Losing Steam?Posted 18 hours ago
- Conservatives Gather At CPAC [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
House Passes Controversial Farm Bill
Tempers flare in Congress, over a big change in a Farm bill. The controversial bill passed on a 216-208 vote.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
A quickly-crafted agriculture funding bill was met with fiery opposition from House Democrats.
(Brown) “Mitt Romney was right. You all do not care about the 47%. Shame on you!”
…Florida Democrat Corrine Brown.
Republicans stripped the bill of food stamp spending. It was an effort to bring in more Conservative support after a larger farm bill failed last month.
(Agriculture Committee Chairman Frank Lucas) “If you’re serious about making sure every American has a safe, affordable, reliable food supply, then vote for the bill.”
Republicans say they plan a separate vote on food stamp funding. Conservatives are eyeing deep cuts. The Senate passed a farm bill with modest reductions to food stamp funding.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.