- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Beloved Minor League Bat-Dog Dies
A baseball fan favorite, “Chase” the golden retriever that served as bat dog for a minor league team, has died.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Foster reports:
His full name was Chase That Golden Thunder. He spent 11 seasons retrieving bats and entertaining fans for the Trenton Thunder, a Yankees minor league team in New Jersey. He was 13 years old, a golden retriever turning gray, with lymphoma and arthritis. His death, just three days after an on-field retirement party with fans bringing their own dogs to the ballpark, too.
Chase’s son Derby had started taking over bat duties. Another son, Ollie works for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats.
Chris Foster, FOX News Radio.