- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 3 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Why Are Airport Screeners So Slow?
So what’s really behind those long lines at airport security for screening? A new study explains the method behind the searches.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The reason it takes so long to move through airport security is because the screeners are trained to do it that way. A study by Duke University found TSA screeners to be slower than amateurs in performing a visual search, but they’re more accurate. The study concludes they’re slower because they’re more systematic about the search for weapons and bombs. But how good is TSA at finding weapons? The TSA won’t divulge error rates, but in a 2007 report, screeners at LAX missed 75% of fake bombs.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: TSA officials said they continue to improve the training of its officers.