- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 2 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 3 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 21 hours ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Why Are Airport Screeners So Slow?
So what’s really behind those long lines at airport security for screening? A new study explains the method behind the searches.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The reason it takes so long to move through airport security is because the screeners are trained to do it that way. A study by Duke University found TSA screeners to be slower than amateurs in performing a visual search, but they’re more accurate. The study concludes they’re slower because they’re more systematic about the search for weapons and bombs. But how good is TSA at finding weapons? The TSA won’t divulge error rates, but in a 2007 report, screeners at LAX missed 75% of fake bombs.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: TSA officials said they continue to improve the training of its officers.