- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 16 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 16 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Exercise Reduces Anxiety
Feeling anxious? Try going for a jog or working out. Scientists have found that the human brain can be remodeled by exercise to reduce anxiety.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
Researchers at Princeton found that exercise creates what they call ‘excitable’ brain cells, which are very good at helping us think and remember things. But, those same cells also create anxiety. The two seem incompatible and researchers were puzzled. So, the scientists started testing mice using running wheels to make them fit and ice water baths to make them anxious. They found that the running mice’s new brain cells also released a chemical that calms emotions.
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.
Click HERE to read more from the Journal of Neuroscience