- Christmas Sign At Firehouse In New York Creates ControversyPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 6 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 7 hours ago
- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Sandy Recovery On the NJ Shore [VIDEO]
On this holiday weekend, folks are flocking to the New Jersey shore once again to enjoy the sand and the surf, as recovery from Superstorm Sandy continues.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
In Seaside Heights New Jersey, along the famed boardwalk, borough spokesman Michael Graichen says Sandy is seared in his memory:
Graichen: “I was here when the sun came up the next day. And I thought I was in a dream. Sometimes I still think I’m in a dream.”
And while some neighboring communities along the shore are still closed for demolition, life in places like Seaside Heights is brighter; nail by nail and board by board. Homeowners are rebuilding despite slow insurance payouts. And 85% of the businesses there are also back.
Graichen: “What we need now is the weather. So we get the good weather, we’re hoping that everybody comes back to Sseaside.”
Restoration of the entire shore, vital for the Garden State and the 40 billion it brings in, in tourism dollars every year.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
Watch a VIDEO below for more on the recovery efforts in Seaside Heights, NJ: