- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 2 hours ago
- President Obama Admits U.S. Miscalculated ISIS Strength [VIDEO]Posted 24 hours ago
- Tony Stewart Speaks Out On Fatal CrashPosted 1 day ago
- U.S. Military Battling Ebola In West AfricaPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Sandy Recovery On the NJ Shore [VIDEO]
On this holiday weekend, folks are flocking to the New Jersey shore once again to enjoy the sand and the surf, as recovery from Superstorm Sandy continues.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
In Seaside Heights New Jersey, along the famed boardwalk, borough spokesman Michael Graichen says Sandy is seared in his memory:
Graichen: “I was here when the sun came up the next day. And I thought I was in a dream. Sometimes I still think I’m in a dream.”
And while some neighboring communities along the shore are still closed for demolition, life in places like Seaside Heights is brighter; nail by nail and board by board. Homeowners are rebuilding despite slow insurance payouts. And 85% of the businesses there are also back.
Graichen: “What we need now is the weather. So we get the good weather, we’re hoping that everybody comes back to Sseaside.”
Restoration of the entire shore, vital for the Garden State and the 40 billion it brings in, in tourism dollars every year.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
Watch a VIDEO below for more on the recovery efforts in Seaside Heights, NJ: