- AFMW: THIRD DAY, Grammy, AMA and GMA Dove Award winning groupPosted 33 mins ago
- It’s A Boy For Carrie Underwood! And, The Baby’s Name Is…Posted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Country Music’s Pete Scobell Talks About His Tribute to Chris KylePosted 15 hours ago
- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Publicists – Image-Makers or Puppet-Masters? [VJR]
In today’s world of media, there’s a fine line between a star and a celebrity. As a society the world over, we have always been fascinated by stardom, glamour and gossip. So when we think of a star or celebrity, we already have a perception of who they are – even if we don’t really know them as individuals.
But who are these puppet-masters that help form an image in our mind? Well, it might be the publicist -the secret agent of the stars who orchestrate and sometimes even manipulate the image of everything and everyone around us.
Our guest today is Howard Bragman who is the founder of the strategic media and public relations agency called “15 Minutes”. He is also the author of the book, “Where’s My Fifteen Minutes?: Get Your Company, Your Cause, or Yourself the Recognition You Deserve”.
Listen to what he has to say about those who live their lives in the under the public eye.