- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 17 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 19 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook MassacrePosted 20 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Publicists – Image-Makers or Puppet-Masters? [VJR]
In today’s world of media, there’s a fine line between a star and a celebrity. As a society the world over, we have always been fascinated by stardom, glamour and gossip. So when we think of a star or celebrity, we already have a perception of who they are – even if we don’t really know them as individuals.
But who are these puppet-masters that help form an image in our mind? Well, it might be the publicist -the secret agent of the stars who orchestrate and sometimes even manipulate the image of everything and everyone around us.
Our guest today is Howard Bragman who is the founder of the strategic media and public relations agency called “15 Minutes”. He is also the author of the book, “Where’s My Fifteen Minutes?: Get Your Company, Your Cause, or Yourself the Recognition You Deserve”.
Listen to what he has to say about those who live their lives in the under the public eye.