- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of December 13thPosted 22 mins ago
- CDC Report Shows Flu Vaccine BenefitsPosted 51 mins ago
- FOX on Tech: Who Is Keeping Tabs On Your Cell Phone?Posted 23 hours ago
- Securing America: NSA Director Defends Data CollectionPosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Do It Yourself Duct Tape HolsterPosted 2 days ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Drinking and Surgery
How much you drink could affect your ability to recover after surgery.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in this edition of “Housecall for Health”:
A new study suggests heavy drinkers have more complications after surgery than those who drink moderately.
An analysis by Frederiksberg University Hospital in Denmark finds heavy drinking, more than a couple alcoholic drinks a day, can cause infections and slow wound healing.
Data shows drinking heavily results in a 73% higher risk of post-op infection, and a 29% higher risk of being admitted to the Intensive Care Unit.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX news Radio.