- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 3 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 4 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Artist Lizzie SiderPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Drinking and Surgery
How much you drink could affect your ability to recover after surgery.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in this edition of “Housecall for Health”:
A new study suggests heavy drinkers have more complications after surgery than those who drink moderately.
An analysis by Frederiksberg University Hospital in Denmark finds heavy drinking, more than a couple alcoholic drinks a day, can cause infections and slow wound healing.
Data shows drinking heavily results in a 73% higher risk of post-op infection, and a 29% higher risk of being admitted to the Intensive Care Unit.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX news Radio.