- America’s Wealth Gap WidensPosted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Keith Getty of Famed Hymn Writers "The Gettys"Posted 11 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Dads Pull Out Surprise Dubstep Dance For ChristmasPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: The Harlem GlobetrottersPosted 1 day ago
- A Grimm Outlook For A New York CongressmanPosted 2 days ago
- Legal Lis: ’tis the season to avoid getting sued!Posted 2 days ago
- AFMW: Michael W. Smith, “Michael W. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas” [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- Bullet Points: The Carol of the Bells with GunsPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Pastor Louie GiglioPosted 3 days ago
- Who Owns The North Pole?Posted 3 days ago
Panel Urges Hepatitis C Testing For Baby Boomers
An influential medical group is recommending that certain adults get tested for hepatitis C.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
If you were born between 1945 and 1965 — you could have hepatitis C.
An influential health advisory group says that all Baby Boomers need to be tested. Boomers account for 75% of all hepatitis C cases in the U.S. Many contracted the disease decades ago, but don’t know it. Hepatitis C is the silent killer — a leading cause of liver damage and liver disease.
The new guidelines were issued by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, and mark a U-turn for the group. And the reason for the change — clinical data that shows screening will save lives.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.