- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 5 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Artist Lizzie SiderPosted 6 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Panel Urges Hepatitis C Testing For Baby Boomers
An influential medical group is recommending that certain adults get tested for hepatitis C.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
If you were born between 1945 and 1965 — you could have hepatitis C.
An influential health advisory group says that all Baby Boomers need to be tested. Boomers account for 75% of all hepatitis C cases in the U.S. Many contracted the disease decades ago, but don’t know it. Hepatitis C is the silent killer — a leading cause of liver damage and liver disease.
The new guidelines were issued by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, and mark a U-turn for the group. And the reason for the change — clinical data that shows screening will save lives.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.