- Do Dogs Get Jealous?Posted 16 hours ago
- France Sends Soldiers To Air Algerie Crash Site [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Old Man Dancing – Forever YoungPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR’s Back At The BrickyardPosted 3 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
Panel Urges Hepatitis C Testing For Baby Boomers
An influential medical group is recommending that certain adults get tested for hepatitis C.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
If you were born between 1945 and 1965 — you could have hepatitis C.
An influential health advisory group says that all Baby Boomers need to be tested. Boomers account for 75% of all hepatitis C cases in the U.S. Many contracted the disease decades ago, but don’t know it. Hepatitis C is the silent killer — a leading cause of liver damage and liver disease.
The new guidelines were issued by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, and mark a U-turn for the group. And the reason for the change — clinical data that shows screening will save lives.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.