- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 16 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 1 day ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Hunger Strike Over Philadelphia School Layoffs
The fight against budget cuts gets extreme in Philadelphia as parents and workers do what they can to battle layoffs.
FOX News Radio’s Kirstin McNary reports:
Parents and workers are on a hunger strike to protest the layoff of 1,200 school aides who help keep Philadelphia students safe. The cuts, part of a massive budget gap that could leave Philly schools without sports, arts, assistant principals or secretaries. The group camped out in front of the Governor’s downtown field office and started starving last Monday.
Last week, Mayor Michael Nutter blasted lawmakers for short-changing students.
(Mayor Nutter) “It will deteriorate the true quality of education that our young people deserve. And all of that can be prevented certainly by the actions of responsible adults.”
Kirstin McNary, FOX News Radio.