- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 3 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 hours ago
- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 24 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Snowden Seeks Asylum In Ecuador
Equador’s foreign minister confirms the request.
The US wanted him extradited, but the Hong Kong government said Washington had failed to meet its requirements.
Ecuador’s Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino, who is in Vietnam, said on Twitter: “The Government of Ecuador has received an asylum request from Edward J. #Snowden.”
Wikileaks said in a statement that Mr Snowden was “bound for the Republic of Ecuador via a safe route for the purposes of asylum, and is being escorted by diplomats and legal advisors from Wikileaks”.
The anti-secrecy group said Mr Snowden’s asylum request would be formally processed when he arrived in Ecuador.
The announcement came after the Ecuadorian ambassador to Russia told reporters he would meet Mr Snowden and a representative from Wikileaks for talks on Sunday.