- FOX In The Fast Lane: The Chase ContinuesPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 4 hours ago
- FOX Country: Dustin Lynch Snags First No. 1 On BillboardPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Violence Against Women: A Global Problem
A new report from the World Health Organization shows a third of women have been physically or sexually assaulted by a former or current partner.
FOX News Radio’s Don Mathisen reports:
Dr. Margaret Chan, the head of WHO is calling domestic violence a global health problem of epidemic proportions.
The study finds 40% of women killed were slain by an intimate partner. And 30% of women worldwide are affected by domestic or sexual violence by a partner.
Domestic violence is most common in Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. North America has the lowest level of domestic violence against women.
Some experts are calling for domestic violence screening at all levels of healthcare.
Don Mathisen, FOX News Radio.