- Hustle & Heart: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 3 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Madden NFL 15: Madden SeasonPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Accelerates To Atlanta Motor SpeedwayPosted 5 hours ago
- President Obama Addresses ISIS and Ukraine CrisisPosted 17 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Violence Against Women: A Global Problem
A new report from the World Health Organization shows a third of women have been physically or sexually assaulted by a former or current partner.
FOX News Radio’s Don Mathisen reports:
Dr. Margaret Chan, the head of WHO is calling domestic violence a global health problem of epidemic proportions.
The study finds 40% of women killed were slain by an intimate partner. And 30% of women worldwide are affected by domestic or sexual violence by a partner.
Domestic violence is most common in Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. North America has the lowest level of domestic violence against women.
Some experts are calling for domestic violence screening at all levels of healthcare.
Don Mathisen, FOX News Radio.