- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Why Weren’t Conservatives Upset About The Cost Of Bush’s Two Africa Trips?
President Obama’s travels to Africa are just like those of the two presidents before him: Bill Clinton went in 1998, and George W. Bush went with his family in 2003 (pictured) and again in 2008. Clinton’s trip cost the government around $42.8 million, according to the Government Accountability Office, and the Post doesn’t mention how much Bush’s trips cost — but to give you an idea, a 2003 trip Bush took to London sounds a lot like Obama’s Africa trip.
When Bush went to England in 2003 here’s what the Telegraph reported.
Mr. Bush will be accompanied by a retinue consisting of 250 members of the Secret Service, 150 advisers from the National Security Department, 200 representatives of other government departments and 50 political aides.
There will also be approximately 100 journalists travelling with him. There are also his personal chef, personal assistants, four cooks, medics and the presidential 15-strong sniffer dog team.
Here’s the difference between Bush’s trips and Obama’s: Obama canceled the cost-intensive safari.