- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: Maria Bartiromo, Host of FBN’s “Opening Bell with Maria BartiromoPosted 4 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 4 hours ago
- Tim McGraw’s Touching Tribute To Glen CampbellPosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Dr. Alveda King, American Civil Rights ActivistPosted 19 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Russ Feingold To Be Chosen By Kerry For Africa Envoy Post
Secretary of State John Kerry is wants former Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold to be the U.S. representative for the Great Lakes region of Africa and the Congo crisis.
Congo’s government and rebels, known as the M23, have been negotiating in Uganda since December under a regional bloc, but the talks have often been set back by accusations over who is responsible for rampant violence in Congo’s North Kivu province.
“The suffering in the Great Lakes region of Africa and the ongoing crisis in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo continues to trouble all of us greatly,” Kerry told reporters. “We are convinced that we have to help the parties find a path to a lasting peace, to a permanent cessation of hostilities and to the disarmament and demobilization of M23, accountability for human rights abuses and, finally, a breaking down of the barriers that are standing between humanitarian aid and the civilians who need it.”
Feingold, a Democrat from Wisconsin, chaired the Africa subcommittee when Kerry was chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.