- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 12 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 12 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Hands-Free Technology… A Danger To Drivers?
A warning for drivers on hands-free technology is coming from AAA.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
One group’s calling it a public safety crisis. AAA sounding the alarm about dashboard technology like this:
(Technology/Driver)”Please say a command//Reply to message.”
A study finding that technology that lets drivers text and email with voice commands is actually more distracting than simply talking on a cell phone. Researchers explaining that using voice commands requires more concentration from drivers than just speaking to another person. And that computer voices may be harder to understand. All leading to a greater chance of a driver developing so-called tunnel vision or inattention blindness. The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers says it’s skeptical about the report.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.