- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 21 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 22 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 24 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 7 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Hands-Free Technology… A Danger To Drivers?
A warning for drivers on hands-free technology is coming from AAA.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
One group’s calling it a public safety crisis. AAA sounding the alarm about dashboard technology like this:
(Technology/Driver)”Please say a command//Reply to message.”
A study finding that technology that lets drivers text and email with voice commands is actually more distracting than simply talking on a cell phone. Researchers explaining that using voice commands requires more concentration from drivers than just speaking to another person. And that computer voices may be harder to understand. All leading to a greater chance of a driver developing so-called tunnel vision or inattention blindness. The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers says it’s skeptical about the report.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.