- Ebola In America: CDC Confirms First US CasePosted 11 hours ago
- The Head of the Secret Service in the Hot SeatPosted 20 hours ago
- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 22 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Hands-Free Technology… A Danger To Drivers?
A warning for drivers on hands-free technology is coming from AAA.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
One group’s calling it a public safety crisis. AAA sounding the alarm about dashboard technology like this:
(Technology/Driver)”Please say a command//Reply to message.”
A study finding that technology that lets drivers text and email with voice commands is actually more distracting than simply talking on a cell phone. Researchers explaining that using voice commands requires more concentration from drivers than just speaking to another person. And that computer voices may be harder to understand. All leading to a greater chance of a driver developing so-called tunnel vision or inattention blindness. The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers says it’s skeptical about the report.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.