- Bill Clinton: ‘I Could Have Killed’ bin Laden [VIDEO]Posted 6 mins ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Takes On The Tricky TrianglePosted 3 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Among Country Music’s Highest PaidPosted 3 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sadie doesn’t want her brother to grow upPosted 4 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 1 month ago
Hands-Free Technology… A Danger To Drivers?
A warning for drivers on hands-free technology is coming from AAA.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
One group’s calling it a public safety crisis. AAA sounding the alarm about dashboard technology like this:
(Technology/Driver)”Please say a command//Reply to message.”
A study finding that technology that lets drivers text and email with voice commands is actually more distracting than simply talking on a cell phone. Researchers explaining that using voice commands requires more concentration from drivers than just speaking to another person. And that computer voices may be harder to understand. All leading to a greater chance of a driver developing so-called tunnel vision or inattention blindness. The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers says it’s skeptical about the report.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.