- Could Cyber Crime Happen To You?Posted 14 hours ago
- Survey Reveals More Parents Requesting To Delay Vaccinations For KidsPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Legend Aaron TippinPosted 20 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Where The Jobs Are: Hiring Veterans
The employment picture is starting to look a little brighter and many companies are especially interested in hiring veterans.
FOX Business Network’s Cheryl Casone tells us “Where the Jobs Are”:
I’m Cheryl Casone with the FOX Business Network, and here’s where the jobs are… for veterans!
Capital One, the credit card and loan specialist, is looking for vets to be customer service reps, managers, and IT specialists. They have 2,000 jobs they hope to fill.
Walmart is looking to hire 100,000 vets over the next five years. They’ve put $20 million into the program, and if you are honorably discharged within 12 months of your release, Walmart will guarantee you a job.
Staples, the office supply store, has 13,000 jobs available, and they also have some in their corporate offices. Boston, Denver and Chicago are cities where they have large-scale operations.
The Mission Continues is a non-profit dedicated to transitioning veterans from military service to corporate work. They have six fellowships open right now.
Covanta Energy owns and operates large-scale energy projects. Skill sets learned in the field perfect for Covanta. Electrical, instrumentation and technician work is available, 14%of their employees are vets.
For more on these career opportunities for vets, go to casoneexchange.com.
I’m Cheryl Casone with the FOX Business Network for FOX News Radio.