- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 9 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 12 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Congress Members Urge Redskins’ Name Change
Are the Washington Redskins due for a name change? Some members of Congress think so.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
It’s time for DC football fans to hail another mascot, so say ten U.S. House members, urging the team owner to scrap the name Redskins.
In a letter sent to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and all 32 NFL franchise owners, members of Congressional Native American Caucus call the “R-word” a racial, derogatory slur, akin to the “N-word” among African Americans, or the “W-word”, among Latinos.
Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed to never change the name.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.