- President Obama Announces Plan To Fight EbolaPosted 13 hours ago
- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 17 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Congress Members Urge Redskins’ Name Change
Are the Washington Redskins due for a name change? Some members of Congress think so.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
It’s time for DC football fans to hail another mascot, so say ten U.S. House members, urging the team owner to scrap the name Redskins.
In a letter sent to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and all 32 NFL franchise owners, members of Congressional Native American Caucus call the “R-word” a racial, derogatory slur, akin to the “N-word” among African Americans, or the “W-word”, among Latinos.
Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed to never change the name.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.