- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 3 hours ago
- Hired! Jobs That Don’t Require College DegreesPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Suburban Poverty Growing
The poor are moving to the nation’s suburbs, according to new research.
FOX News Radio’s Sal Giangrasso reports:
More poor people live in the nation’s suburbs than in urban cities. A new Brookings Institution study says it’s because of more affordable housing, often low paying, service-type jobs and the increased use of housing vouchers.
The number of those in poverty living in suburbs leaped by two-thirds between 2000 and 2011, a much larger increase than in cities. But those who moved to the suburbs also saw manufacturing jobs disappear and home prices plummet, following the last recession.
Sal Giangrasso, FOX News Radio.