- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 12 hours ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 13 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Suburban Poverty Growing
The poor are moving to the nation’s suburbs, according to new research.
FOX News Radio’s Sal Giangrasso reports:
More poor people live in the nation’s suburbs than in urban cities. A new Brookings Institution study says it’s because of more affordable housing, often low paying, service-type jobs and the increased use of housing vouchers.
The number of those in poverty living in suburbs leaped by two-thirds between 2000 and 2011, a much larger increase than in cities. But those who moved to the suburbs also saw manufacturing jobs disappear and home prices plummet, following the last recession.
Sal Giangrasso, FOX News Radio.