- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 1 day ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Suburban Poverty Growing
The poor are moving to the nation’s suburbs, according to new research.
FOX News Radio’s Sal Giangrasso reports:
More poor people live in the nation’s suburbs than in urban cities. A new Brookings Institution study says it’s because of more affordable housing, often low paying, service-type jobs and the increased use of housing vouchers.
The number of those in poverty living in suburbs leaped by two-thirds between 2000 and 2011, a much larger increase than in cities. But those who moved to the suburbs also saw manufacturing jobs disappear and home prices plummet, following the last recession.
Sal Giangrasso, FOX News Radio.