- U.S. Pledges Additional Aid To Nepal Following EarthquakePosted 11 hours ago
- Loretta Lynch Sworn In As U.S. Attorney GeneralPosted 11 hours ago
- Clinton Cash Scandal: Foundation Admits “We Made Mistakes” [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 5/8/2013
By Mary C. Rydzeski
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
Brian is astounded with the news coming out of the horror in Cleveland and wants to know if there is a chance that law enforcement could have missed any hints over the years. PLUS: Brian is eager to know if any progress will be made in today’s Benghazi testimony, or if it will just be all politics.
U.S. Army Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, author of Operation Dark Heart, talked to Brian about his book and what he is expecting to come out of today’s Benghazi testimony. Shaffer said that he is expecting no progress from the hearing today, just politics. He also said he is starting to see a whisper campaign forming.
Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, author of Hell or Richmond, talked to Brian about his new book and what will be happening at the testimony today for the Benghazi attacks. Peters explained that although his book is fiction, it is based on true events: “My goal in Hell or Richmond, which is set in the bloodiest month of the Civil War, is to really take historical novels to a new level of accuracy and authenticity and vividness.” Later, Peters discussed the Benghazi attacks with Brian, and thinks that President Obama’s administration put politics above security, covered up the lies, and will try and “tough it out” through the testimony.
FOX Chief Congressional Correspondent, Mike Emanuel, weighed in on the Benghazi hearings and all the questions that remain unanswered. He also weighed in on the news that Governor Christie got lap band surgery, and thought it was a good move if he were to run for President.
Squire Rushnell, author of Divine Alignment, talked to Brian about why he started to write about GodWink Moments. “When I was running Good Morning America sitting in the back of the control room and I would see every once in a while a story about coincidence, I always wondered if there was more to that than meets the eye,” Rushnell explained. He went on to start a speaking career from there, where he delved into people’s stories about “coincidences,” but did not think that was the correct word. “So now [GodWink] is a new word in the language!” he said.
America’s Newsroom co-host Bill Hemmer talked to Brian about the latest news coming out of Cleveland, OH with the three women who have been held captive for the past decade. Hemmer also weighed in on Governor Christie’s lap band surgery and whether or not he did this to be a better 2016 Presidential nominee. Hemmer and Kilmeade took different sides on the issue; Kilmeade thought it was a poor decision for Governor Christie to take part in, while Hemmer thought it was a great step in prolonging his life with his children.