- AFMW: The Rhett Walker BandPosted 23 hours ago
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Dies at 90Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Cop Lip Syncing To Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”Posted 2 days ago
- Country Music Stars Defend “American Sniper” [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Boston Bombing Suspect’s Burial [VIDEO]
The family of the deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect is having difficulty finding a cemetery plot for Tamerlan Tsarnaev in Massachusetts. Although there has been no application for a burial plot yet, the city of Cambridge is urging that no such request be made.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Cambridge does not want Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s family to request that he be buried there because the city would be adversely impacted by the protests and media coverage.
Ruslan Tsarni, the Tsarnaev’s uncle condemned the bombings that the brothers are accused of, he says he still must have 26-year-old’s Tsarnaev’s body buried.
(Tsarni) “Regardless how, uh roughly it sounds I’m dealing with logistics. A dead person needs to buried. So that’s what uh tradition requires, that’s what religion requires and I guess that’s what morals requires.”
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s death certificate says the cause of death was multiple gunshot wounds and blunt force trauma to his head and torso.
WATCH for more on this story:
READ a statement from Cambridge City Manager Robert W. Healy:
“Despite multiple media reports, the City of Cambridge has no formal application for a burial permit, or the purchase of a cemetery plot. I would, however, urge both the funeral director and the family of Tamerlan Tsarnaev not to make such a request.
The difficult and stressful efforts of the citizens of the City of Cambridge to return to a peaceful life would be adversely impacted by the turmoil, protests and widespread media presence at such an interment. The families of loved ones interred in the Cambridge Cemetery also deserve to have their deceased family members rest in peace.
Under State law, “…it shall be the duty of the city manager to act as chief conservator of the peace within the city.” I have determined that it is not in the best interest of “peace within the city” to execute a cemetery deed for a plot within the Cambridge Cemetery for the body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev .
This entire investigation has been conducted admirably by multiple law enforcement agencies. The Federal Bureau of Investigation had the lead jurisdiction, and now other federal agencies should take the lead in the burial of this individual.”