- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 9 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
N. Korea Sentences American To Hard Labor
An American man, Kenneth Bae from Washington state, was jailed Thursday in North Korea and sentenced to hard labor as his associates say he was just trying to do good.
FOX News Radio’s Alastair Wanklyn reports from Tokyo:
North Korea’s Supreme Court sentencing Kenneth Bae to 15 years hard labor for trying to overthrow the government. The state news agency said he confessed to that. But Bae’s friends say he’s a Christian who led tours to North Korea and, while there, he would try to help North Korean orphans. And, they say, he went there multiple times.
This week, the State Department called for his release on humanitarian grounds. One U.S. official was quoted noting that North Korea gave him a visa and there’s no reason to hold him.
In Tokyo, Alastair Wanklyn, FOX News Radio.