- Baltimore Erupts Into Violence [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Historic Arguments On Same Sex MarriagePosted 5 hours ago
- Tips To Get Your Kid Eating A Healthier DietPosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 6 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Study: Hospitals Can Profit from Errors
Hospitals can make a profit from surgical errors, according to a new study.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
When a hospital makes mistakes, they can make money. Despite the pressure to improve safety there are few incentives for hospitals to do so.
A study in The Journal of the American Medical Association says poor care is rewarded because insurance companies pay them for longer stays and pay them for the extra treatment needed for the surgical complications that may have been inadvertent but could have been avoided.
The study examined surgical mistakes. The mid-range stay in those cases quadrupled to 14 days. At the same time the hospital bill jumped from $19,000 to $49,000.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.