- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Senate Blocks Key Gun Control Proposals
The Senate has blocked proposals to tighten gun control.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington DC:
One of the proposals would have required expanded background checks for gun buyers. The other proposal would have banned assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines. Both were blocked with votes from Senators from both political parties. Afterward, President Obama appeared with some of the families of recent gun victims to say about those Senate opponents:
Pres. Obama: “They blocked common sense gun reforms even while these families looked on from Senate galleries.”
The President says a large majority of Americans support tougher gun restrictions.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.