- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 2 hours ago
- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 1 day ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Senate Blocks Key Gun Control Proposals
The Senate has blocked proposals to tighten gun control.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington DC:
One of the proposals would have required expanded background checks for gun buyers. The other proposal would have banned assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines. Both were blocked with votes from Senators from both political parties. Afterward, President Obama appeared with some of the families of recent gun victims to say about those Senate opponents:
Pres. Obama: “They blocked common sense gun reforms even while these families looked on from Senate galleries.”
The President says a large majority of Americans support tougher gun restrictions.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.