- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 11 hours ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 19 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 20 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Senate Blocks Key Gun Control Proposals
The Senate has blocked proposals to tighten gun control.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington DC:
One of the proposals would have required expanded background checks for gun buyers. The other proposal would have banned assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines. Both were blocked with votes from Senators from both political parties. Afterward, President Obama appeared with some of the families of recent gun victims to say about those Senate opponents:
Pres. Obama: “They blocked common sense gun reforms even while these families looked on from Senate galleries.”
The President says a large majority of Americans support tougher gun restrictions.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.