- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 8 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 day ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Senate Blocks Key Gun Control Proposals
The Senate has blocked proposals to tighten gun control.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington DC:
One of the proposals would have required expanded background checks for gun buyers. The other proposal would have banned assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines. Both were blocked with votes from Senators from both political parties. Afterward, President Obama appeared with some of the families of recent gun victims to say about those Senate opponents:
Pres. Obama: “They blocked common sense gun reforms even while these families looked on from Senate galleries.”
The President says a large majority of Americans support tougher gun restrictions.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.