- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Stone Crab Shortage
Stone crab lovers beware! One of your favorite dishes may cost a lot more, or be missing from the menu altogether.
FOX’s Phil Keating explains why from Marathon, Florida:
Florida crab fisherman losing money and catching little, are stacking traps along the water; giving up early on this year’s season. Stone crab claws, the creme de la creme of Florida seafood, hard to find this year. It’s the worst stone crab season in history. State biologists say the cause that’s lurking in the water, a puzzling mystery. Could be an explosion of octopi eating the crabs in the traps, red tide toxins or tropical storm displacement. No evidence however, turned up fingering 2010′s BP oil spill. The low supply of crab claws means sky-high prices that are just stone cold crazy.
In Marathon, Florida, Phil Keating, FOX News Radio.