- Hustle & Heart: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 3 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Madden NFL 15: Madden SeasonPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Accelerates To Atlanta Motor SpeedwayPosted 5 hours ago
- President Obama Addresses ISIS and Ukraine CrisisPosted 17 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Raise a Glass, It’s National Beer Day!
Grab a drink and raise a glass because April 7th is a day to celebrate for beer drinkers.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Foster explains National Beer Day:
A lot of glasses raised on April 7, 1933.
(Okrent) “After 13 years of Prohibition, when nothing with more than 0.5% alcohol was legal, suddenly beer was legal.”
…Beer and wine, up to 3.2% alcohol. Daniel Okrent, author of a book on Prohibition, “Last Call,” and curator of a National Constitution Center exhibit about it:
(Okrent) “People who had been for prohibition suddenly found that it wasn’t a necessary moral position because the government needed money.”
Budweiser sent out teams to its now-famous horses.
(Okrent) “And there were two sets of Clydesdales, who delivered the first cases of Bud. One went to the White House and one came to the Empire State Building, where the office of former. Gov. Al Smith was located.”
The Eighteenth Amendment – Prohibition – was repealed altogether eight months later.
Chris Foster, FOX News Radio.