- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 8 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 8 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 14 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 5 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 6 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Meat Industry Changing Cut Names
Some familiar names at the butcher counter are being changed.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
It’s been the sort of thing you might see made fun of on late-night television.
(Letterman) “Know your cuts of meat! Here we go…”
David Letterman from Worldwide Pants and CBS.
Now working with the government, groups that look after pork and beef are renaming more than 350 cuts. They found that shoppers are confused by names like boneless shoulder top blade and pork butt. They would be known flatiron steak and Boston roast. The goal is to have these new names showing up by this summer, but usage is voluntary.
Oh, in case you’re wondering, chicken names aren’t changing. Wings and legs… will be wings and legs.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.