- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 5 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 11 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Presidential Pay Cut: Obama Returning Part of Salary
The effects of the sequester spending cuts are being felt throughout the White House, including in the Oval Office itself, where President Obama has given himself a pay cut.
FOX News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz reports from the West Wing:
The White House says the President will return 5% of his salary to the Treasury as a show of support for furloughed Federal workers. The President makes $400,000 dollars a year, so if he continues to do this through the rest of the year, that works out to over $16,000 dollars.
The White House says several departments under the President sent furlough notices to their workers – including the Office of Management and Budget, which warned 480 workers they stand to lose a day of pay per pay period.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.