- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 1 day ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Presidential Pay Cut: Obama Returning Part of Salary
The effects of the sequester spending cuts are being felt throughout the White House, including in the Oval Office itself, where President Obama has given himself a pay cut.
FOX News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz reports from the West Wing:
The White House says the President will return 5% of his salary to the Treasury as a show of support for furloughed Federal workers. The President makes $400,000 dollars a year, so if he continues to do this through the rest of the year, that works out to over $16,000 dollars.
The White House says several departments under the President sent furlough notices to their workers – including the Office of Management and Budget, which warned 480 workers they stand to lose a day of pay per pay period.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.