- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 1 day ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Presidential Pay Cut: Obama Returning Part of Salary
The effects of the sequester spending cuts are being felt throughout the White House, including in the Oval Office itself, where President Obama has given himself a pay cut.
FOX News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz reports from the West Wing:
The White House says the President will return 5% of his salary to the Treasury as a show of support for furloughed Federal workers. The President makes $400,000 dollars a year, so if he continues to do this through the rest of the year, that works out to over $16,000 dollars.
The White House says several departments under the President sent furlough notices to their workers – including the Office of Management and Budget, which warned 480 workers they stand to lose a day of pay per pay period.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.