- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 14 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 2 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
The World’s Most Expensive Ham
It’s often compared to truffles or caviar. This Easter, we introduce you to the ultimate luxury holiday ham.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo tells us all about it:
Jamon Iberico de Bellota: Widely regarded as the finest ham Spain has to offer, also the world’s most expensive – running about $150/pound, easily topping $1,000 for a whole leg. Saul Sola of Osbourne Cinco Jotas believes:
(Sola) “It’s worth every dollar. There’s a big difference between ordinary and extraordinary.”
…Saying his company’s 100% pure breed Iberico pigs get an average of five acres apiece of natural pasture to roam free, feasting on just acorns and herbs.
(Sola) “It’s what really makes it so natural.”
The result, after a curing process that can take up to four years: A richly-flavored meat that’s marbled with streaks of fat that virtually melt at room temperature. The proper way to savor it: Very thinly sliced with some good bread, maybe cheese and, of course, some wine.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.