- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
The World’s Most Expensive Ham
It’s often compared to truffles or caviar. This Easter, we introduce you to the ultimate luxury holiday ham.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo tells us all about it:
Jamon Iberico de Bellota: Widely regarded as the finest ham Spain has to offer, also the world’s most expensive – running about $150/pound, easily topping $1,000 for a whole leg. Saul Sola of Osbourne Cinco Jotas believes:
(Sola) “It’s worth every dollar. There’s a big difference between ordinary and extraordinary.”
…Saying his company’s 100% pure breed Iberico pigs get an average of five acres apiece of natural pasture to roam free, feasting on just acorns and herbs.
(Sola) “It’s what really makes it so natural.”
The result, after a curing process that can take up to four years: A richly-flavored meat that’s marbled with streaks of fat that virtually melt at room temperature. The proper way to savor it: Very thinly sliced with some good bread, maybe cheese and, of course, some wine.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.