- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 57 mins ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 6 hours ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 1 day ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
A man in Texas wants to arm the country and he’s doing it by giving away free shotguns.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal explains:
Kyle Coplen runs “The Armed Citizen Project” in Houston. His plan is to get single women and mothers shotguns in a high-crime neighborhood by the end of April. The other city now involved? Tucson, where a former Mayoral candidate is hoping that with $12,000 dollars in donations they can arm and train 36 people. Coplen says in Tucson, more than 500 people expressed an interest.
Coplen: “Whenever criminals fear society, there is less crime. Criminals don’t want to die in your hallway. Let’s go ahead and use that fear to deter crime.”
But some Democrats in Arizona are critical. One Representative called this program ‘lunacy’. Another called it ‘ideological extremism at its worst’.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.