- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 24 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Vipp’s World of Nonsense: A Step in the Wrong Direction!
Blasphemy and religious persecution! That’s right –
A professor at Florida Atlantic University instructed the class to write the name Jesus on a piece of paper and then stamp their foot on it. The professor claims that the lesson was to teach the importance of symbols in culture.
The student who complained was accused of violating the student code of conduct when he reported the professor to the university administrators.
Guess what happened next: The student was removed from the class and faced possible expulsion!
It took a national outcry from the nation’s Christian community for the university to reverse their decision and issue an apology. The student is thankfully back at school.
Well, I hope the professor taught himself a lesson instead, because if he tried this with any other religion he would have suffered far greater consequences.
This country needs teachers to share their knowledge with respect and purpose, not religious bigotry in any way, shape or form.