- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 21 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 21 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
NV Seeks to Legalize Election Betting
They bet on just about anything in Nevada. Now, one lawmaker wants to open up wagering on Federal elections.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra has details:
The bill introduced in the Nevada Senate would allow people to bet on Federal elections – everything from Congressional races to who will win the White House.
(St. Sen. Segerblom) “They bet on our elections in England. They spend millions of dollars on the Presidential elections and betting, and it just occurred to me, ‘Why don’t we have that here?'”
…State Sen. Tick Segerblom, who says it’s time Nevada starts thinking outside the box. David Schwartz, Director of the University of Nevada – Las Vegas Center for Gaming Research, says even though non-sports betting is only a fraction of gambling revenue, it could pay off.
(Schwartz) “It’s something that people will only be able to do in Nevada, for now, which is really something that the state needs.”
But Larry Sabato, the Director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, says it may be legal, but it’s also tawdry.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.