- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 13 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 13 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 17 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Air Tower Closures
Fallout at the FAA from the automatic budget cuts of sequestration. A big change was announced on Friday that will impact dozens of smaller airports across the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington DC:
Air traffic control facilities at 149 small airports around the country will close next month. It’s part of the FAA’s efforts to trim 637 million dollars for the rest of the fiscal year. All of the control towers targeted handle fewer than 150 thousand flight operations a year and the closures will not force the airports to shut down. Instead, pilots will be left to coordinate takeoffs and landings over shared radio frequencies. A procedure all pilots are trained to handle.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.