- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 49 mins ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Air Tower Closures
Fallout at the FAA from the automatic budget cuts of sequestration. A big change was announced on Friday that will impact dozens of smaller airports across the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington DC:
Air traffic control facilities at 149 small airports around the country will close next month. It’s part of the FAA’s efforts to trim 637 million dollars for the rest of the fiscal year. All of the control towers targeted handle fewer than 150 thousand flight operations a year and the closures will not force the airports to shut down. Instead, pilots will be left to coordinate takeoffs and landings over shared radio frequencies. A procedure all pilots are trained to handle.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.