- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ResigningPosted 10 hours ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 13 hours ago
- The 2014 American Music Awards RecapPosted 14 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Gun Ownership Declining in U.S. Homes
According to survey data, the share of American households that own guns is continuing to decline.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
A New York Times analysis of survey data shows that 34% of households own at least one gun. That’s down from 43% in the 1990’s and 49% in the 1980’s.
This comes amid widespread reports of increased gun sales ahead of possibly tougher gun control laws.
One expert says reports of increased gun sales probably mean that people who already own guns are buying additional weapons.
The survey was done by the University of Chicago, which has been consistently tracking gun ownership for 40 years.
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.