- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 9 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 9 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 11 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 12 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 12 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 16 hours ago
Gun Ownership Declining in U.S. Homes
According to survey data, the share of American households that own guns is continuing to decline.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
A New York Times analysis of survey data shows that 34% of households own at least one gun. That’s down from 43% in the 1990′s and 49% in the 1980′s.
This comes amid widespread reports of increased gun sales ahead of possibly tougher gun control laws.
One expert says reports of increased gun sales probably mean that people who already own guns are buying additional weapons.
The survey was done by the University of Chicago, which has been consistently tracking gun ownership for 40 years.
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.