- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 3 hours ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 1 day ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Gun Ownership Declining in U.S. Homes
According to survey data, the share of American households that own guns is continuing to decline.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
A New York Times analysis of survey data shows that 34% of households own at least one gun. That’s down from 43% in the 1990’s and 49% in the 1980’s.
This comes amid widespread reports of increased gun sales ahead of possibly tougher gun control laws.
One expert says reports of increased gun sales probably mean that people who already own guns are buying additional weapons.
The survey was done by the University of Chicago, which has been consistently tracking gun ownership for 40 years.
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.