- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 12 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall For Health: Salt Triggering Diseases?
According to new research, high salt diets could be behind rising rates of some autoimmune diseases.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research suggests too much salt may trigger autoimmune diseases.
Researchers from Yale University found that in mice, high salt diets increased levels of a type of immune cell linked with autoimmune diseases like MS and type 1 diabetes.
They believe the link could also exist in humans and adds to previous studies that show a combination of genes and risk factors like smoking contribute to increasing rates of the type of disease.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.