- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall For Health: Salt Triggering Diseases?
According to new research, high salt diets could be behind rising rates of some autoimmune diseases.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research suggests too much salt may trigger autoimmune diseases.
Researchers from Yale University found that in mice, high salt diets increased levels of a type of immune cell linked with autoimmune diseases like MS and type 1 diabetes.
They believe the link could also exist in humans and adds to previous studies that show a combination of genes and risk factors like smoking contribute to increasing rates of the type of disease.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.