- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 8 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Housecall For Health: Salt Triggering Diseases?
According to new research, high salt diets could be behind rising rates of some autoimmune diseases.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research suggests too much salt may trigger autoimmune diseases.
Researchers from Yale University found that in mice, high salt diets increased levels of a type of immune cell linked with autoimmune diseases like MS and type 1 diabetes.
They believe the link could also exist in humans and adds to previous studies that show a combination of genes and risk factors like smoking contribute to increasing rates of the type of disease.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.