- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 11 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 12 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Girl Scout Cookie Heist
It’s Girl Scout cookies season, but in one state, the supply became surprisingly lean. Now, a South Carolina man has been arrested and charged with stealing more than 5,000 boxes of cookies.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
Police say 37-year-old Christopher Morton is the Cookie Monster, stealing nearly $19,000 worth of Girl Scout cookies from a Spartanburg, South Carolina warehouse. Brian Carey owns the warehouse and found more than 450 cases of cookies missing, but only in two varieties.
(Carey) “I believe it was Thin Mints and Shortbreads.”
Authorities followed the proverbial trail of crumbs to Morton, a truck driver at the warehouse. Caught with his hand in the cookie jar – and with 350 of the missing cases – Morton’s been fired and charged with breach of trust more than $10,000.
(Carey) “We feel like we’ve been robbed and the Girl Scouts have been robbed. Obviously, we’ll take care of this.”
Guess that’s just how the cookie crumbles.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.