- Deer Tick DangersPosted 2 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 1 day ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Sequester Approaches, Still No Deal
One day and counting until the sequester happens and there is still no plan to avoid the across-the-board federal spending cuts.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
Pennsylvania Democratic Congressman Matt Cartwright sums up the way many are thinking:
(Cartwright) “This is no way to be responsible with the finances of the United States of America.”
But as for how to fix the sequester mess: Utah Republican Jason Chaffetz says there’s more than $19 billion in the federal pipeline that hasn’t been spent on various projects and the White House has asked for another $10 billion.
(Chaffetz) “So you’re talking about close to $30 billion that could be clawed back on projects that haven’t even been started yet.”
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.