- Baltimore Erupts Into Violence [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Historic Arguments On Same Sex MarriagePosted 5 hours ago
- Tips To Get Your Kid Eating A Healthier DietPosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 6 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Medicare Paying for Poor Nursing Homes
Government investigators have found that Medicare paid $5.1 billion to nursing homes that didn’t meet the basic requirements of patient care.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The help that seniors need from a nursing home, help that is bankrolled by the taxpayer, they don’t get.
A new federal report says Medicare pays more than $5 billion for skilled nursing that doesn’t meet the rules governing federal quality of care.
It happens a lot.
One out of three times, there is a breakdown in basic care requirements. In one out of five stays, the problems that put a patient in the nursing home are not addressed. In other cases, seniors get therapy they don’t need.
Moreover the report says the government may be spending money that could put health in danger.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.