- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Medicare Paying for Poor Nursing Homes
Government investigators have found that Medicare paid $5.1 billion to nursing homes that didn’t meet the basic requirements of patient care.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The help that seniors need from a nursing home, help that is bankrolled by the taxpayer, they don’t get.
A new federal report says Medicare pays more than $5 billion for skilled nursing that doesn’t meet the rules governing federal quality of care.
It happens a lot.
One out of three times, there is a breakdown in basic care requirements. In one out of five stays, the problems that put a patient in the nursing home are not addressed. In other cases, seniors get therapy they don’t need.
Moreover the report says the government may be spending money that could put health in danger.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.