- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 10 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 11 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 13 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Medicare Paying for Poor Nursing Homes
Government investigators have found that Medicare paid $5.1 billion to nursing homes that didn’t meet the basic requirements of patient care.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The help that seniors need from a nursing home, help that is bankrolled by the taxpayer, they don’t get.
A new federal report says Medicare pays more than $5 billion for skilled nursing that doesn’t meet the rules governing federal quality of care.
It happens a lot.
One out of three times, there is a breakdown in basic care requirements. In one out of five stays, the problems that put a patient in the nursing home are not addressed. In other cases, seniors get therapy they don’t need.
Moreover the report says the government may be spending money that could put health in danger.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.