- Hustle & Heart: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Madden NFL 15: Madden SeasonPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Accelerates To Atlanta Motor SpeedwayPosted 3 hours ago
- President Obama Addresses ISIS and Ukraine CrisisPosted 15 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Benedict XVI’s Papacy Ends
He is not the Pope anymore. Benedict XVI’s resignation became official on Thursday. The moment was marked by Swiss Guards going off duty at the papal palace. Earlier, Benedict XVI left the Vatican for Castel Gandolfo where greeted the faithful for the last time as Pope. Earlier in the day, he pledged unconditional obedience to whomever the Cardinals choose as his successor.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Walsh reports from the Vatican:
The papacy of Joseph Ratzinger, Pope Benedict XVI, is over after almost eight years.
Earlier a frail looking Pope Benedict told the faithful I am simply a pilgrim on the last leg of my journey on Monday the Cardinals will meet to discuss when the conclave to elect the next Pope will begin. Benedict has pledged his unconditional obedience to the new pontiff who is is expected to be on the throne of St. Peter’s by Easter.
At the Vatican, Courtney Walsh, FOX News Radio.