- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 1 day ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Manned Mars Fly-By Planned
Millionaire tycoon Dennis Tito – the first private space tourist – has a new dream: spearheading a private manned mission to Mars.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has details:
The goal less than five years from now is to send a married couple – not yet chosen – in a craft – not yet built – on a slingshotted fly-by of Mars; a 501-day mission.
(MacCallum) “All of the work to date shows this mission is possible. Just barely.”
Taber MacCallum and his wife, Dr. Jane Poynter, are two of the experts involved. Both were part of the earth-bound Biosphere-2 experiment, but this is deep space.
(Dr. Poynter) “There is no abort scenario. Once they’ve left planet Earth, they ain’t gettin’ off that bus.”
Poynter likens it to a really long road trip in a cramped RV. Space medicine expert Dr. Jonathan Clark:
(Dr. Clark) “This is going to be the Apollo 8 moment for our next generation.”
Only these new pioneers would drink their own pee, recycled into water.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.