- Deer Tick DangersPosted 1 day ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 3 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 3 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 3 days ago
Hot Air Balloon Explosion Kills At Least 19 In Egypt
At least 19 tourists are dead in Egypt today after a gas explosion on a hot air balloon near the city of Luxor.
FOX News Radio’s Kimberly Adams reports from Cairo:
A sunrise tour over the Nile River and the Valley of the Kings here in Egypt turned to tragedy. Egyptian state media reporting tourists from Japan, France and Belgium are among the dead.
Other hot air balloon trips have been cancelled, and Egypt’s Prime Minister is promising an investigation into the accident.
It’s not the first fatal balloon accident in the area, and comes at a tough time for the struggling tourism industry here. Ongoing political instability since the country’s revolution has cost about $2.5 billion dollars in lost tourism revenue.
In Cairo, Kimberly Adams, Fox News Radio.