- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 8 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Guns In America: Chicago Gun Violence
Chicago has been making headlines for the gun violence on its streets. The city’s top cop says they’re making progress in cracking down on guns, but thinks New York has the right idea in keeping them off of the streets.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports from Chicago in our special series “Guns In America”:
Guns In America.
1,100 guns… Chicago’s police superintendent says that’s what they’ve confiscated from convicted felons and gang members in recent weeks.
Garry McCarthy says Chicago seizes more firearms than New York and his officers also stop and frisk.
(McCarthy) “But do you want to know what’s different about New York? Is when you get stopped with a firearm, you go to jail for three-and-a-half years.”
But McCarthy says…
(McCarthy) “Without a certainty of punishment people will continue to carry the firearms and when they carry the firearms they end up shooting people.”
In the national spotlight: The shooting death of a 15-year-old honor student.
(McCarthy) “The alleged shooter of Hadiya Pendleton would not have been available if we had mandatory minimum sentencing for possession of a firearm.”
Pendleton had recently marched in the President’s inauguration parade.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.