- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 1 hour ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 hours ago
- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 22 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 24 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook MassacrePosted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Top Cardinal Resigns Ahead of Earlier Papal Conclave
Accusations of sex abuse have led to the resignation of the UK’s top cardinal, just days before the Papal conclave will convene – an event that Pope Benedict XVI has changed the rules to move up.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Walsh reports from the Vatican:
(Vatican Spokesman) “That resignation was accepted...”
A Vatican spokesman confirmed that Pope Benedict has accepted the early resignation of Cardinal Keith O’Brien. The Archbishop of Scotland has been accused by three current and one former priest of sex abuse. O’Brien, who has rejected the charges, turns 75 on March 17th, the normal age when a Cardinal submits a resignation.
The Pope has also made changes to election rules, allowing the Cardinals to move forward the date of the conclave if all are in Rome. The Vatican also said a report on the VatiLeaks scandal, when the Pope’s butler leaked papers, will remain private and shown only to the next Pope.
At the Vatican, Courtney Walsh, FOX News Radio.