- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of December 13thPosted 22 mins ago
- CDC Report Shows Flu Vaccine BenefitsPosted 51 mins ago
- FOX on Tech: Who Is Keeping Tabs On Your Cell Phone?Posted 23 hours ago
- Securing America: NSA Director Defends Data CollectionPosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Do It Yourself Duct Tape HolsterPosted 2 days ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 5 months ago
Indiana House Approves Drug Testing For Welfare Recpients
And if you test positive, you pay out of your welfare check. Never mind that this has already been declared unconstitutional. If you fail the test, you have to participate in a drug treatment program in order to keep getting assistance.
Bill sponsor Rep. Jud McMillin of Brookville says it is aimed at helping those with drug abuse problems and improving the home environment for children. Some questioned whether there are enough affordable drug treatment programs available.
The Republican-dominated House last week rejected efforts by Democrats to have legislators face the same testing.