- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 15 hours ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Governors Voice Sequester Concerns [VIDEO]
As the countdown to the sequester continues, the nation’s governors, worried about Federal aid money that is a key part of their budgets, are making their voices heard.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
A lot of people who depend on state money that starts out as Federal money will feel the pain.
(Gov. Markell) “From everything from workforce training, to Headstart, to substance abuse.”
Delaware Governor Democrat Jack Markell expects those cuts to hurt almost immediately. Wisconsin Republican Scott Walker argues in favor of more power for the President to fix this.
(Gov. Walker) “There’s always a better way. There’s certainly enough waste to be cut in this town, why not give the President and his Cabinet, his Administration the authority to do that?”
Much in the same way, says Walker, that governors have authority in deciding their states’ budget priorities.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
With the governors gathered in Washington, President Obama took his message directly to the state leaders, hoping to get them on board with his sequestration plans.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
Having made no headway with Republicans on the sequester, President Obama urged the nation’s governors to help.
(President Obama) “I hope that you speak with your Congressional delegation and remind them, in no uncertain terms, exactly what is at stake.”
Sunday, the Administration put out a state-by-state report on the impacts of the sequester. Wisconsin Republican Governor Scott Walker says the President needs to keep the focus on spending cuts.
(Gov. Walker) “They have to make the cuts because we still have to balance the budget and get back to deficit reduction, which was what the sequester was about in the first place.”
The President has been insisting on more tax increases as part of any sequester agreement.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more from WI Gov. Scott Walker on the sequester: