- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 8 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 8 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 14 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Former Surgeon General, Doctor C. Everett Koop Dies [VIDEO]
He was a man with a message and made sure he got the word out about AIDS prevention and the dangers of smoking. Former Surgeon General, Doctor C. Everett Koop has died.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso looks back on his life:
Doctor C. Everett Koop, with his trademark beard was Surgeon General during the Reagan and H.W. Bush administrations; who crusaded against smoking and who endorsed condoms and sex education to stop the spread of the then emerging disease known as AIDS.
Koop: “And people with AIDS need a helping hand; reading, running errands. The little every day things that we take for granted become almost impossible to do.”
The former pediatric surgeon from Philadelphia, who raised the profile of the Surgeon General post. An assistant confirms that Koop died in Hanover, New Hampshire at 96.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
Watch a VIDEO Public Service Announcement about AIDS featuring Doctor Koop:
Editor’s Note: Doctor Koop’s anti-smoking campaigns had the goal of a smoke-free America by the year 2000.